Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trip to grandmaw's!

Coming home from a trip to grandmaw's is always a recovering stage for me and nothing that I am dying to do.. My Gigi cooks for me, cleans after me, and lets me sleep! She is awesome! For most of you that know me, that's totally opposite from an everyday thing at the house. I love cooking, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to have a break every once and a while. Also, at home... I don't sleep like I should. I will literally stay up til weeee hours of the night cleaning and washing clothes and what not. That's just who I am.. I don't like to go to bed when things aren't done. Time is very short and there's never enough time in a day to complete all that needs done! So, a trip to GIGI'S is niiiccee! ;P

I managed to get out of work Thursday night because they overscheduled and I had homework to finish up too that night. I finished that around 6 and was able to pack and be pulling out of the driveway at 7:09! Go me! I had to stop by work and grab some mail i'd left up there and get gas and I was on my way! It rained Friday, so it was nice to avoid driving in the rain!

....I just returned home yesterday! A nice LONGGG vacayyy to grandmaw's!

My sweet Gigi mixing up peanut butter cookie ingredients!
We love to send boxes to my brother since he's overseas right now! I know he loves to get them too since we make tons of goodies! Reeses are so expensive, but Lane loves the reeses peanut butter cookies! Well, they are the platoon's favorite cookie! She sends them with every box! They have grown on everyone! They're the best!
the favorite cookie
We normally don't buy anything unless it's on sale! That's the way we shop! So there was a box of peanut butter cookie mix on sale and Gigi got it! The reeses however... were not on sale! eeek.. We had to have them though!

Chow Mein noodles!
You use these to make.....
....these! You call these haystacks!
Normally we would make these with melted butterscotch chips and peanuts... but, again with the sale... They had chocolate bark on sale for $1.00!!!! ONE DOLLAR! That's really cheap for chocolate bark. it's normally $3.50 or more. So we did them a little differently this time. Chocolate haystacks!  I would have tried them, but I'm on a healthy eating spree right now, so they wouldn't have fallen into that category. :(  

While I was there, Gigi was nice enough to cook "healthy" for me!
We had this one night! Delish!
Paw paw was loving it! I brought tons of fresh veggies that I had bought and was afraid they were going to ruin while I was gone.. so I took them along for a ride with me! Gigi cooked away!

Needless to say, I enjoyed my time there! I slept a lot, a lot while I was there, but that's okay. It's acceptable there. (like 10 hours a night)... What? Did I sleep that much? no wayy... SHHH! Don't tell anyone. That's kind of lazy huh?

The temperature was also extremely cold at night! It hasn't been that cold since the winter started and now all of a sudden closer to winter ending... it wants to freeze me to death! so.. Pawpaw built a fire for us! It was nice to sit on the couch and watch movies and tv nearly every night and sit by a warm fire!
The PERFECT fire!
My trip was wonderful and I hope to go back soon! Back to work and normal life that never ends! It's ok.. I love it! Keeps me busy and going!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment