Thursday, February 23, 2012

OH Radiology school.. I dream of you someday.

I have been waiting and waiting... and waiting to hear from the two schools I applied to for radiology. I really have my heart set on going to University of Mississippi Medical Center, but if it doesn't work out then I have Hind's to fall back on. I've been at Hind's for three years now and would really like a change.. but I know God has it all planned out for me and whatever happens.. well.. It happens.

Last month I was focusing on getting in everything for my UMMC application and had my interview in the beginning of the month. It went OKAY. The gentleman that interviewed me asked for me to get a couple of things turned into my file for my application so that it would give them more of a reason to look at me for acceptance and give me a better chance! (since there's probably over 200 people who apply and only 25 who get accepted!) Yikes. So I worked my booty off to get everything that I needed in a small amount of time and then had to get my Hind's application turned in by the 31st of January. Man.. Last month was stressful and busy!

So, when I went to my grandma's two weekends ago I got a phone call Friday afternoon and I apparently was supposed to be at Hind's at 1 to do a writing thing for the application to radiology school. WHOOPS! I answered and he said it was Steve. I thought hmm, who is Steve! Oh! My best friend's step dad! I replied, Hi Steve! This is Lauren, Cody's friend. He continued, "Oh yes, this is Steve Compton from Hind's Nursing Allied, did you not receive your letter?" So.. I didn't ever get the letter they sent telling me about this writing prompt thing and so he was so very nice and let me write the two essays and send them through email! anndddd. wait for it....

I WAS ACCEPTED AS ONE OF THE APPLICANTS TO BE INTERVIEWED FOR ACCEPTANCE!

Yes... That was some 1am writing in the bed at grandmaw's that I did. But apparently it was good enough for them! Wahooo. So I have my interview with Hind's on March 9 at 2pm! Wish me luck. That will be a nervous day until it's over. I always stress about small things and then when it's over I wonder why I ever stressed about it. 

So, hopefully something will work out for me in the end. Hind's radiology school starts in May/June and UMC starts in August. OF this yearrr. Hopefully I can hear something from UMC before Hind's calls back after my interview or else I'm going to be freaking out wondering if I ever got into UMC while accepting my acceptance into HInd's.. well this is what I imagine is going to happen. I will pray about it. Hopefully everything falls into place!

The weather is gorgeous today in the SIP and I hope that it stays like this foreverrr. I love spring and it's surely hit here soon. Well it flops back and forth. High of 79 today. Wow. The trees in the yard need leaves.. That's all.

bye guys!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment