Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Trip to 3 different stores..

doesn't sound good.. but it made for a pretty decent shopping trip the other day! It's been a couple of days since i've been on here. Sorry guys! I'm back! I had a English Literature II test on Monday night that I've been studying for and I caught someone's cold over the weekend. I attended baseball games this weekend and cleaned house and cooked a little. I had my first dining experience at Longhorn Steakhouse. It went fairly well.

I was passing down Lakeland Drive one day and noticed this place. It was like you passed one day and it was empty and the next it was built! They built that place in a jiffy! I had the parmesan crusted chicken with a side salad... and... mashed potatoes. :/ It was all very delicious but has earned me some extra hard working out in the gym. I woke up this morning and felt like doing something different; so I went on a walk down by the causeway which ended in 3.5 miles! It was nice and beautiful and loved the smell of the fresh outdoors! Then after work tonight I did 30 more minutes of cardio and some leg workouts. Pretty good day!


Anyways.. to get back on topic.. I had myself a little couponing trip the other day. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been coupon shopping, but I finally got around to organizing some coupons and making my list for my trip. I got away with $55.00 and all of....
THIS!
I am not an extreme couponer.. but I'm learning as I go and all of this probably would have came out to double what I spent.. but we all know those ladies on the show come out with spending as low as 99 cents sometimes. Makes me frustrated, but I do what I can!

My coupon on the ICBINB didn't scan and wal mart has a policy that they can't take a printed coupon if it doesn't scan.. so that was $1.25 I didn't get taken off... and also the cinnamon rolls. I had $1.00 off two and that one didn't work. I get most of my coupons offline because I don't always remember to get a Sunday paper and I'm not paying 10 dollars for inserts from a website.

I didn't have coupons for everything that I bought, but for most. Target had pasta-roni, rice-a-roni, and pasta salad mixes for 96 cents which was a pretty good deal so I snagged a couple of those. Then wal-mart had their hand soaps for 98 cents and hunt's mamwich on sale for 1.00 a can.. which that stuff can be pricey.

Of course my Kroger has a little section they put clearance items in and I got a good bit of things!
sliced mushrooms in a can- .39 cents
leseur's peas- .49 cents
can of carrots- .50 cents
can of rotel- .50 cents
bag of penne noodles- .99 cents
Kentucky southern seasoned breading- .99 cents
pink lemonade koolaid mixes- .09 cents

I have to snag those things when they're there.. or else when I go back they will no longer be there. It's smart to check that section every time you are up for going to the grocery store because they put different things there everyday! They had other things like marshmallows, bisquick, a bunch of different ice cream sundae toppings (fudge,caramel, etc..)- this is at the Kroger at Dogwood Promenade if you live in Flowood, MS.

So I had a decent trip to the store! I was semi-happy with my purchases and my cabinet is overflowing with canned/boxed goods. I'm a happy domestic girl ready to cook away!

I have reorganized my coupon binder and threw out all of the expired coupons! Can't wait for another trip soon!

HAPPY COUPONING,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment