Saturday, February 4, 2012

Homemade Pasta Salad with Homemade Dressing!

Since I've been on this healthy eating spree, I've been trying to look for recipes to cook things healthy! Normally when I'm "dieting" I'll eat like turkey sandwiches, soups, yogurt, fruits, granola bars, etc.. I'm changing things up a little bit and finding things to make meals out of! I told you I would post my recipe for the pasta salad, so here it is!

Homemade Healthy Pasta Salad
5 C cooked noodles
1 diced zucchini 
1/4 C diced onion
1 diced green bell pepper
1 diced red bell pepper
1 can drained sliced black olives
dressing

Put all of these ingredients in a bowl together. 

Homemade Italian Dressing for Pasta Salad
1 tbsp garlic salt 
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp sugar (whatever kind you want) I used Truvia
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried parsley 
1/4 tsp celery salt
2 tbsp salt

Stir the dry ingredients well and scoop 2 tablespoons into a separate bowl. Mix in 1/4 C white vinegar (I used red wine vinegar), 2/3 C canola oil (I used olive oil), & 2 tablespoons of water! Pour dressing over pasta and veggies and mix! Ready to serve! So delish! You may add whatever veggies or take away whatever veggies you want. I could have added 1 squash in there and some more black olives and maybe some mushrooms or something! I just love vegetables! 
 Hope you guys enjoy! 
xoxo, 
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment