Monday, February 6, 2012

i GAVE in...

Hey guys!!
If any of you have been reading my blog then chances are you know I'm trying to save a little money here and there! A couple years back I was horrible at managing my money and would be broke before the next work check even came! I'll admit to that. I'm sure most of you can relate. I've learned to wisely spend my money on NEEDS and not always WANTS. It's okay to treat yourself here and there, but not on a daily basis. Here lately all I have been buying are groceries for my healthier eating and paying bills.

Today I went to work at 6am and was off by 11. So guess what?!! Lauren hit the stores! Only two! I also shopped the red tags! It was a little success! I'm happy that I've gone shopping and didn't spend an outrageous amount of money on my new cute things! Shopping makes me very happy! Especially when it involves clothes and accessories!

Have any of you ever heard of Ross Dress for Less? I LOVE THAT STORE! The one here is kept up with well. When I was visiting a family member in Texas a couple years back we went to the Ross there and it was awful! The store was a disaster and stuff was everywhere. I often hear people knocking Ross and saying that they don't have the patience to sort through the things and this that and the other. To me, those are EXCUSES! If you're looking for a bargain, you'll do almost anything to find it! Well... maybe not anything, but you get what I'm saying. Stop by the Ross in Flowood, MS next time you're around Dogwood Mall and get you a bargain!

I also went to Target! Who doesn't love target clothes? They have the cutest things! The bathing suites were out when I went in today, but they aren't on sale! I got all kinds of things with a red tag!

Black sequin top-Target (Originally $22.99, paid $6.88)  Turquoise sleeveless button-up-Ross (paid $9.99)  & Black and White 3/4 length sleeve button-up-Ross (paid $12.99)
Belt on left-target (originally $12.99, paid $3.88) Necklace-target (originally $19.88, paid $9.98)  Earrings-target (originally $16.99, paid $5.08) Bracelet-target (originally $8.00, paid $2.40) & belt on left-target (originally $12.00, paid $5.08)
Lastly, Justin's grandparents keep a "hope chest" for us at their home for when we get married and buy/build a house one day! That way we won't have to buy a lot of things for our home; we will already have it. I buy things here in there when I see a good deal or see something I really like or that's cute. I've already mapped out in my head what colors my kitchen are going to be so I've been buying things for the kitchen for the most part because I love to cook and I love the kitchen in general! I want an extremely large one, one day! I'm dreaming, okay...

These were my finds today at Ross! Hand-held mini strainer = $4.99  Moo Cow sliced cheese holder = $3.49  Moo Cow Ice Cream Scoop = $3.99
Aren't they precious!!! I love little nic naks like that! I will definitely use them.. The cheese holder is amazinggg! I love organization and I hate boxes, plastic wrapped things, etc! I also saw a nice set of a milk and orange juice pitcher. They were glass and beautiful for $8.99 but I didn't get them since I needed to watch my spending! I think I had some great buys today and maybe sometime soon I will work my booty off at work and earn a little extra spending money to do this again! :)

a retired shopaholic,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment