Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday Night!

Two blog posts in one day! WHATTTT?! I'm a blogging machine today and it's safe to say that I finally got my butt up off the couch around 2 and went to wal-mart and came home and grilled out and cleared a few things out the cupboard! 

Tonight was definitely a cheat night for me! Eek.. I haven't been doing to good this WEEKEND on my eating healthier doo-lolly. At least I ran nearly 3 miles on my treadmill today.

Justin wanted steaks for dinner and I wanted chicken, just to play it safe for my healthy eating, but of course that didn't happen. So Justin grilled steaks, hamburgers, and brats; and I made homemade mashed taters, green bean casserole, broccoli and cheese, black eyed peas, and then this delicious no bake cookie! I am stuffed and will not be eating that heavily for a while!
The only pictures I got was after I put it up. Here is steak, mashed potatoes and brats!
cheese covered burgers, broccoli and cheese, and overcooked black eyed peas! Woops, they were almost mush! We cooked them on the eye on the grill so that we didn't have to use the stove gas and that thing must have been super hotttt!!!
green bean casserole! We also put this inside the grill! We were trying to be frugal and use the gas on the grill instead of the oven because it costs like 350 dollars to fill the tank for the house! I hate gas and will never buy gas anything! If you saw the side of this casserole dish you would die laughing! Justin went outside to check on the burgers because they were put on a little later than our steaks and the whole grill was on fire!!!! bahahahah! This white... black casserole dish will make me laugh every time I look at it. Maybe it will wash off! It's in the sink soaking now!
 .....and to my NO BAKE COOKIES, here is the recipe!



Chocolate-Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

  • 2 cups sugar    (I used 1 1/2 C raw sugar and only 1/2 C white sugar)
  • 4 tbsp cocoa
  • 1 stick butter  (I used tub butter and scraped the tub clean! Don't think it was a whole 1/2 C though.)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter     (I used a lighter peanut butter that was crunchy!)
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal         (I used 4 cups of oatmeal to prevent runny)
  • Waxed paper
     
    In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened. 

    Mine made 19 cookies! You can make them as large or small as you want!
    These cookies were/are the bombbbbb! I will be making these again! You can substitute with all kinds of things! I've seen a recipe similar to this one that called for special K corn flake cereal instead of oatmeal, or you could use rice krispies cereal! 
     
    I give all credit to this blog----> Distinctly M

    and here's to my favorite commercial from the super bowl! 
    so hilarious and cute! 


    Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday like I did! 


    xoxoxo,
    Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment