Sunday, January 29, 2012

On to the THIRD week

Today I am finishing up my second week on my healthier lifestyle. Yes, It's a diet, but It's also something that I'm probably going to have to do for the rest of my life to have the healthy lifestyle I want. So i'm just going to describe to you my typical day!


My Eating Schedule
6:30am Breakfast
9:30am Snack
12:30pm Lunch
3:30pm Snack
6:30pm Dinner

I try to stick to this schedule so that I can help speed up my metabolism. I have a very slow metabolism, which is probably a lot of the main reason why I gained so much weight after high school when I stopped playing soccer. In order to keep it in line, it calls for a good eating schedule and exercise.

Of course I have to work in the meantime so that calls for packing everything to go! It's really time consuming, but if you want it bad enough then you work for it and will do whatever! So I wake up an hour earlier most of the time on work days so that I can pack my days worth of food because I'm mostly there all day or for long periods of time.

Example of my daily food intake:
Breakfast: Oatmeal & a banana
Snack: Sunflower seeds (unsalted) and an Orange
Lunch: Progresso Light Soup, Wheat thins, & sugar free jello
Snack: Veggie straws and baby carrots
Dinner: Chicken Breast, English peas, & Squash

This is not my every day meal, but it just gives you an idea.
I go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week; normally skipping one day during the week and then Sunday. I like my Sundays off! I also allow myself one "Cheat" meal a week. If I don't allow that then I will get overwhelmed and off track! I try to only weigh in once a week so that I don't get discouraged if I lose nothing in a day. I'm one of those that don't have any patience when it comes to stuff like that so I have to limit myself.

While I'm at the gym I normally try and do 45 mins of cardio (treadmill, elliptical, & bike) and then either arms, legs, or abs. I'm normally there for about an hour and a half to two hours.

I'm about to experience cooking some Swiss Chard. Wish me luck!
PS. Tomorrow is weigh in day! Hope this week paid off!

A healthier,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment