Monday, January 2, 2012

It's 2012!

   I know this is a little late because yesterday began the new year, but I'm working on getting better at this!
   Saturday night (New Year's Eve), I spent the night at work. They had been planning a New Year's Eve party for the community to buy tickets and come to. We provided a nice dinner and a midnight brunch, a band/entertainment, a bar, and a huge screen to watch the ball drop in New York! Little did they know, Mom came running down the hallway at 11:04 saying it was on the wrong channel and we missed the ball drop! It was quite hilarious, because that was one of the big things advertised on the pamphlet for the party. They had the TV on the wrong dang channel! We made it a fun night though and laughed and carried on......... even though we were spending our new years eve at work.
   When we were getting ready to leave, mom realized that she locked her keys in her car. She does that on a regular basis by the way! So she rode with me. A cop followed me all the way home near about, riding my tail. I hate that, but it's okay; no drinking here. I was exhausted when I got home, but awake enough to take myself a shower and then get in the bed! I tossed and turned until almost 4 and finally fell asleep.
   Justin's grandparents were in town, but I slept in until at least 12 and then I was lazy all day Sunday until the night. We watched lots of football and TV and I enjoyed some time at home. I was baddddd lazy yesterday. It was awful! Growing up, we always went with tradition when it came to special occasions! I wanted cabbage, black eyed peas, and cornbread. It was very different when I came into Justin's family because they are not so dead set on tradition as my family is. My grandma always cooks big festive dinners for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I remember even on Sunday's when I was visiting, she would always have a big pot roast, rice and gravy, etc! FABULOUS!! That's my kind of cooking! So, I made black eyed peas, cabbage, and cornbread! I wasn't backing down. We added grilled chicken, mac n cheese, and mashed potatoes for the boys. I was stuffed, but happy I got my traditional food! :D
   Everyone always makes New year's resolutions to lose weight.. for me, that's a lifestyle you have to change, it's not just about dieting. You can't diet for 2 months and then stop; especially if you have my body! You have to change your ways of eating for a lifetime. One of these days, I'll accomplish that, but I love food too much, especially that good ole' country cooking that consists of lots of bacon grease and fatness! I would love to eat organically when I have the funds to afford it, but for now I will continue what I'm doing. I do plan on losing weight before my brother gets home since we are in a little competition!

I will share a few of my New Year's resolutions!
 1. Save money!
          Justin and I have been thinking and thinking about the future and housing and what not. We would love to build a nice country home on the land that belonged to my father, so we will work and work and stop spending so much money on things that aren't really needs, but wants. I think that my dad would want that for us! I would love to go back to the land that I grew up on! So this year we are reading some Dave Ramsey and saving like crazy people! Please do not ask me to go to dinner with you, my friends. :P
  2. Pray more often!
          I remember growing up when my cousin and I were little and we would go to my Grandma's, she would pray every night before she went to sleep. At the time, I didn't think anything of it, but as I grow older, I've realized that praying is a wonderful thing! I need to pray more often because God answers prayers!
  3. Set weekly goals!
          This year I need to be more productive and make myself goals to accomplish. I often catch myself writing to-do lists that sometimes take a month for me to get done! That is just ridiculous! A week should be enough time for me to get something done; don't you think? For instance, this week, outside of getting my interview over with for radiology school, my goal is to deep clean my car!
  4. Be more artistic!
          I love arts and crafts, but I don't put my talent to use enough! I have bought and gained all kinds of decorative nik naks over the years and I have yet to do things with them. I need to stop throwing so many things away and figure ways to create things with them! Last night I made candle holders out of mason jars! I decorated them with lace and paint. Some of them look hideous and some of them look great! I may give those for a gift (helps me save money!)
  5. Sleep less!
          On the nights that I am up late doing homework or what not and have to be at work or school early the next morning, Lord knows I don't get enough sleep! But on the nights that I am off work or school the next day, Lord also knows I sleep too much! Sometimes I like to think of it as catch-up sleep, but I don't think that really exists. It only makes me more tired than I was before when I over sleep. I need to set a time that I can wake up at on a daily basis! I think 8 or 8:30 is a good wake up time! Not to early and not too late! If only I could stick to this time, because 12, lunch time, is wayyyy to late for me to be sleeping!
  6. Get out of my PJ's when I'm around the house!
          To go with my sleep less resolution, I need to get dressed and ready every morning regardless of what the plans are for the day! There has been so many days that I have stayed in my pajamas all day. It really causes me to not get going, and get less done! It also causes me to feel like junk sometimes. I think it would be nice to make myself get ready every day.. Preparing myself for the future and work! I know that there are many days that Justin wants to go somewhere and it may be 4:00 in the afternoon and I'm still in my PJ's. It then takes me at least an hour to take a shower and get ready.. By that time, he is definitely aggravated and ready to kill me i'm sure!
  7. Use the Crock Pot more!
          I absolutely love to cook! I would cook every day if I had the time for it outside of work and school! I try to cook as much as I can because it prevents me from eating out. Our stove is a gas stove and as you all know, gas is not cheap at all! In order for me to save gas, I need to use the crock pot more often! I saw on pinterest that there was a lady who used her crock pot for a year and never repeated one recipe. Half the recipes sounded disgusting, honestly, but then half of them looked delicious! I need to use the crock pot more, so that we can save gas! I love crock pot beef stew!
  8. Blog more!
          I have tried to keep up with my blog, but I haven't been the best at it! I don't like to write on here unless I have pictures to go with my post, so I haven't been able to post too much lately! Obviously, this post comes without a picture, but I will get better! I hope to write at least 4-5 times a month!
  9. Take more pictures!
          There are too many times when I think of a memory, but I don't have the pictures to back it up! I need pictures! I have a nice digital camera, but why do I not have many pictures? I need to get better at this. My Gigi is the queen of picture taking! She brings her camera everywhere she goes! One of these days I will get like that!
  10. Have more family time!
          My family is one of those that is spread out all over the south! My aunt and uncle H are in Missouri, a couple of my cousins in Texas, most of dad's family in Louisiana, an aunt, cousin, and uncle in Florida, and some all over Mississippi. I wish every day that we were closer in housing distance, but it isn't that way, so I need to get better at making ways to visit! Your family is very important and every minute with them counts!

Feel free to share your new years resolutions with me! I would love to read them!
Happy 2012!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment