Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ANOTHER couponing trip

As you all know, I have been learning how to coupon! Normally I would pick up a coupon and be like "ohhhh 40 cents off!", but you have to know how to pair coupons with sales and find places that double them! I normally print my coupons off the internet, but I decided to buy a paper this past Sunday and there was no grocery coupons in it! I'll look from now on before I buy. $1.75 wasted because I definitely don't read the paper.

On this weeks trip I went to the normal three stores: Wal-Mart, Target, and Kroger. By the way, my Kroger has a little clearance section on the Laundry detergent aisle. It was hidden, but I found it! Most of the time the boxes are barely dented, or the cans are barely dented or something that they can't sell.

This week's trip! (Spent about $40)
2 boxes of toaster strudels
1 package of chicken drumsticks
1 bag of kaiser rolls
1 bag of french bread
2 suave professionals shampoo/conditioner
2 boxes of angel hair whole grain pasta
1 pack of carefree feminine product
1 kikkoman soy sauce
2 packages of asian dish mixes
2 scotch disinfecting wipes
1 box of kellogg's fiber plus cereal
4 yocrunch yogurts
1 gallon milk
4 boxes of mac n cheese
1 box of instant coffee packet mixes
1 12 pack coke zero

Just a FYI, don't be afraid to buy things on clearance. You do have to be careful sometimes, but other than that, it's mostly okay! The bread in my picture I found at Kroger on the "oops we baked too much" rack! 79 cents for the french and 1.19 for the kaiser! Great prices. Sorry for all the cat food, Morris loves soft cat food for a treat every couple of days! And the milk and coke zero were not on sale, just needed! :P

Just to get off topic for a minute, I have always disliked suave products because they're obviously cheap, and I guess you pay for what you get. I can't use suave shampoo/conditioner because it doesn't do much for my extremely thick hair... but I've heard good things about this suave professionals stuff. I'll let you guys know about it once I try it. It's packed away in storage for now until I need it!

Thanks and happy grocery shopping to you all!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment