Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lauren's version of Taco Soup

I have been dying to make taco soup for forever now. Over the months I managed to accumulate all of the things to make taco soup with.
          To remember my first experience with taco soup: I remember having it one day at my Aunt Lisa's for the first time. I loved it so much! Then my Gigi started making it, and eventually my mom! It was that good! I have personally never made taco soup myself until last night! It got a little chilly around here so it was a perfect night for taco soup!
          The boys don't really care for soup, but this soup isn't really runny. It has a more dry consistency so that you can serve it over fritos without them getting soggy!

Taco Soup
1 LB ground beef
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans (dark or light)
1 can whole kernel corn (can use the mexican corn)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
1 onion chopped and sauteed

I revised the recipe a little to make it go a little farther.
I used:
1 bag frozen corn + 1 can corn
1 can light kidney beans
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can rotel
1/2 onion chopped (we aren't big onion people)
2 lbs ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix

of course, brown your meat and saute your onion. drain and add all other ingredients without draining. simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour. Serve over fritos! You may can add another pack of taco seasoning mix if you use my recipe, but my crowd loved it the way it was!

vwaaalahhh! and there you have it! sorry for no picture! I'm supposed to be working on taking more pictures. OOPS! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment