Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken!

I had to break out the crockpot today. Oh how I love the crockpot! Whoever invented that thing is amazing! I have been on the search for good crockpot recipes because our stove runs off gas and obviously, gas is not cheap! I have been doing entirely too much baking because of the holidays and I need to lay off the stove/oven a little bit.

I had tons of things to do today. We all know how the day after Christmas can be so busy! The house was a wreck, I needed to meet a friend to exchange gifts, I needed to visit my cousin, his gf, their baby, and my uncle, and I needed to go feed mom's cat since she is on vacation. Of course, the day that I have tons of things to do involving things outside of my house, it pours down rain! It was such a nasty day! I did get everything done and my little suede boots got soaking wet too! That's ok because my feet didn't get wet! I hate when it's raining and your pants leg gets wet and it starts spreading up the back of your pants.... that's so annoying to me! Lauren chooses boots on rainy days.. rain boots, snow boots, suede boots, leather boots. I don't always think about the wetness on the boot and if it will ruin them. I guess that's not my concern.. I don't know.

Buutttttt, I was able to throw, yes THROW, some frozen chicken into the crockpot before I left the house around noon. I needed some flavor to go with it, so I found this recipe on pinterest! I love pinterest! I'm hooked and I find all kinds of recipes on there, which lead me to more and more recipes. I haven't always been too big of a fan of plain BBQ sauce. There's something about it that just doesn't suit me. This recipe calls for mixing some other ingredients in with the BBQ which makes it a not so BBQ sauce. It's like a sweet and spicy flavor! For me not to really care for BBQ sauce, I loved this!

Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken
4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 7 cause I'm odd like that and my chicken was small)
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C vinegar
1 bottle BBQ sauce (My bottle was huge so I used about 3/4 the bottle)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp garlic powder (I substituted with garlic salt)

Directions:
Mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed above, besides chicken.. DUH.
Place chicken in crockpot (defrosted or frozen)
Pour sauce over chicken
Cook on low for 4-6 hours


That's it! How easy is that! We had leftover vegetables in the fridge. This made for such an easy dinner for me! It's nice not to have to stand over the stove and stir something constantly or try using every eye to make sure things are all hot when it's time to serve! I will be making this again!!! Chicken is a decent priced meat and we get it in bulk from Ronda's work. So I love to find different chicken dinners!

Try this recipe and tell me how you like it!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment