Monday, July 25, 2011

HEALTHY note.

Today, I have just really been thinking. After all of the Reese's, cake, snickers, and just chocolate in general that I eat, It's time to give up some sweets. All these things are so bad for your body and the AVERAGE American consumes 2-3 pounds of sugar a day! This sounds so crazy, huh? Well, it's true! It's time to make a change!

I haven't decided to cut out all sugar, but I just want to get away from the candy and chocolate for a while. If I could give up sweet tea, then that would be another plus, but it's one thing at a time.

I was watching the Bachelorette tonight and following that show came the season finale of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. I haven't watched the show all season, but was interested to see it! I missed the ending because half way through the show I went a jumped on my treadmill! Yes, I got on my treadmill and ran 1.5 miles. I was running about 2 months ago and got up to about 3 miles... but it has been probably 2 months since I last ran, so I have to get back up to that point.

Also, after Dad passed, I have been trying to make myself a healthier person. I cannot stress to anyone enough how important your health is. I think that a lot of the reason Dad passed was because of his weight. It seems like obesity is just becoming more and more of a lead to deathly situations. Obesity can lead to high blood pressure, diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, gallbladder disease, fatty liver disease, and eventually a heart attack in some circumstances. I'm sure there are many more effects of obesity, but this is what I found. Isn't that horrible! We all need to make a change and try and create a healthier society!

Sorry for the rambling, but it's just what is on my mind tonight.

xoxo,
A futuristic healthier Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment