Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our 4th of July Celebration!

To start off this blog post, I stayed up all night Sunday night because I was just completely overwhelmed with things to do. I had volunteered to help my friend work a family and friends July 4th party Sunday night for 4 hours, reaching home around 10. I had a little bit of homework due Sunday night by midnight. I had thought about it earlier before the party, so I did two of the assignments and left the easy one for after the party. After I arrived home, I did the last assignment! whew! Thank goodness that was over with. I always seem to stress about homework and things to do with school, and then when they're done I'm asking myself why I ever stressed over something so small!

I always love to color coordinate my outfits with my holidays, so when I realized I needed to wash some clothes that is what I did. This lead me to pulling an all-nighter! I washed four loads of clothes, cleaned the kitchen, living room, and dining area, baked a cake, and watched a movie. When the time came closer to five I began to get ready for our big day! I threw on some blue jean shorts, a red tank top, and a white shirt! RED, WHITE, AND BLUE! I just love it! I went outside and watered my lovely garden, ran to wal mart for a few things, went and fed mom's cat, and came home and baked a breakfast casserole all before everyone awoke! Man, I felt like I had accomplished something!

Hashbrown, sausage, cheese, egg, and crescent roll! YUMMM!
 I had never made breakfast casserole before, but I wanted to try something new and fast. I've never really been much of a breakfast person. If I do eat breakfast, it's normally something like pancakes or cereal; never a REAL breakfast!

Finally, we got on the road headed to Winona! I was plum tired, but made it safely because I didn't trust anyone else to drive my vehicle on 55N on a holiday! I had a feeling we would have for sure gotten a ticket! Boys tend to drive a little on the fast side! So we made it to Winona around 10 something and had a nice little conversation with Justin's Granny. Before you know it we were all starving again, but that was sure to go out the window after a dinner at grandmaw's.

Aidan and Granny before cooking lunch!
The many huge delicious steaks!
YES, you must have a baked potato with a steak! DUH!
I didn't get a picture of everything, but we ended up having salad, steaks, baked potatoes, broccoli and cheese, homemade Texas garlic toast, and banana pudding! Man were we stuffed. That's actually not even the word for it, more like hurttingggg we were so full!

Trevor. This was after eating. Doesn't he look so happy! NOT!


Aidan doing what he does best! This was also after eating!
As you notice, we were all lounging around in the living room! It was really time for a nap!

Granny has many sweet animals! She has three dogs inside, and two baby kittens that I could have squeezed to death they were so cute! I kept repeating the fact that Bella needed a friend since our old cat had passed a while back! Bella sure gets lonely sometimes! Poor kitty. Well, I couldn't help myself, pictures of the animals were a necessity!
This is Breeze!
This is old Winnie! She might have possibly been feeling like us!


I couldn't tell you the names of the horses. There are plenty of them. I didn't get anywhere near the pictures to cover all of the animals, but I just love them! Animals are a delight to have, especially in the country! It was such beautiful land and a beautiful day! We loved every minute of it and hope to have some land in the country ourselves one day! Hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July like we did!

xoxox
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment