Saturday, July 2, 2011

MY SWEET SUMMER GARDEN!

I've always wanted a garden, but knew they were a little trouble to keep up with and I definitely don't have much space for it. I talked to Justin about it and he was willing to go to Lowe's and get things for me to start a garden. When this conversation was over, you can only imagine how excited I was. This was kind of a last minute thing, so it's moving much slower than most. I can't seem to have much patience with it because my grandma's garden has already produced most of her vegetables and mine only has two vegetables so far, that aren't ready to pick. I've caught myself getting aggravated, but have to remember I just planted it a little less than a month ago! Anyways, I've always thought about the future and all of the things that I will have with my family, and a garden was definitely one of them. I have been following another blog of this lady's that lives in an old log cabin, sews some of her children's clothes, has a farm, lives on much land, and cooks homemade things constantly! I just love it! I'm all about conserving. Some of you may think I am weird, but I enjoy the small things in life!

As I mentioned earlier, I have been getting quite frustrated with my garden because all I had seen for a while was a tiny jalapeno that was slowly growing! I walked out to my garden a few days ago to check it out while on the phone with my grandma, and I found a tiny green tomato! One itty bitty tomato! I would have a picture to show of that tiny tomato, but I accidentally deleted it from my phone! OOPSSSSS!

Two blooms on one of the tomato plants! 

Cucumber on the left, squash on the right!
Bell peppers on the right, tomatoes in the back, and habanero (sp?) on the left!
As you can see, my plants aren't too big yet. My tomatoes aren't even ready to steak yet. With this being my first garden, I will admit that I'm not too talented with the green thumb! HELP! I'm open to suggestions on gardening! I finally got the ho out after it today because the soil on top was just looking pitiful! After a good mixer upper, it looked dandy! I even accidentally cut off a small branch on my squash plant. WHOOPSIES! Got a little ho happy! :P

There she blows!
This is my project in the making! I have spent some time on it today. I'm learning slowly. I've learned not to water it until the sun goes down! It's a little rigged up with chicken wire, but chicken wire is much cheaper than regular fence! I'm a bargain shopper. If it works then it's fine with me! Hopefully here in another month or a little less, I will have a happy colorful garden! Full of yellow, green, and red vegetables. I will be a happy Lauren if it turns out!

xoxo
A new and improved gardening girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment