Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gigi's Birthday CELEBRATION!!

Saturday, July 9th, my family all gathered for a wonderful celebration.... I bet you're all wondering what the heck we were celebrating..

MY GRANDMAW'S 70TH BIRTHDAY!

Isn't that such a blessing? God has blessed her with 70 years of life! I hope that I look as beautiful as she when I reach that age!

My grandpa had been planning the big SURPRISE (Yes, that's right! We surprised her!) for like a month. He was so worried that she would find out, but everything turned out great. She had no idea! He just told her that he was taking her to dinner, just the two of them. Of course you know she asked who all was going to be there, but paw paw sure played it off well!

It was My grandma, grandpa, My uncle and aunt with their four children, My other aunt and uncle, josh, Amanda, My aunt Sue (gigi's sister), My Uncle Francis (gigi's brother), Billy, My brother Lane, his girlfriend Naomi, and me! A group of 19 made it without her even knowing! :D
SURPRISE!!! She was so happy!
 I had been stressing the whole day because I hadn't gotten a birthday gift, and I was making my Grandma's 70th birthday cake! Of course, I wanted it to be nice!
The birthday cake with all of her gifts!
My cousins Phillip and Nathan
My aunt and my Mom!
My Uncle and Aunt
My cousin Josh and his girlfriend Amanda!
Grace and I
Naomi and My TWIN, Lane!
Blake and I!
Isn't she cute!
Aunt Sue, Aunt Billy, and Uncle Francis!
My sweet Gigi and I!
The special people! My Gigi and Paw Paw!
I have such a sweet family and I wouldn't trade them for the world! I love it when we gather together for family celebrations and wish that we were allowed to do it more often! I must add that our family is spread out all over the south, so it is difficult for us to get together. I have far too many pictures, but tried to get as many as possible before blogger cuts me off! haha! I usually don't take many pictures, but I have been trying to use my camera more often to catch memories like these! AND TO BLOG WITH THEM! :P
The three children and my grandparents!

Uncle bill, cousin Grace, and Aunt Lisa!

There is one special person that is missing from these pictures and that is my daddy! Daddy, I miss you so much and wish that you were here with us, but I know that God is taking good care of you and you were surely celebrating in heaven on that special day! I know you loved each and every one of us as we love you! :)

The whole crowd. (Minus my brother)

 Lane had to leave early for some military stuff. I hope that you all enjoyed the dinner just as much as I did! We had some great food and a great time! Thanks to everyone that came and special thanks to my paw paw for thinking of such a wonderful idea!

Happy belated birthday to my Gigi! She turned 70 on the 13th! Meant to create this post that day, but i've been so so busy with summer classes being rushed and finals coming up!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment