Monday, April 2, 2012

Pineapple Mango Smoothie

Yesterday started my month of April goals
I'm determined to finish the month being able to say that I did everything I had planned to do!
I worked a really late night on Saturday at a wedding reception and didn't get home until about 2am! It was well worth it though because we had so much fun! 

on another note.... 

I woke up this morning feeling extremely motivated
I jumped out of bed about 9, brushed my teeth and threw on my running attire. 
I got on my treadmill and ran a mile. 
Some of you may be thinking.. "a mile? That's not far!" but it's a start! I have to build up my stamina and I'm hoping that I can run 3 miles by the end of this without stopping! I am running in the WARRIOR DASH at the end of this month! 
Super excited, but it's going to take some hard work! 
It's almost like an obstacle course through the mud and water! 

So to start off my April goals I had a smoothie for breakfast! 
A PINEAPPLE MANGO SMOOTHIE to be exact!
Pineapple Mango Smoothie
1 cup mango
1 cup pineapple
1/4 cup almond milk//unsweetened
5-6 ice cubes

I will admit, I have never fooled with mango before and wasn't sure how to cut them. It seemed like everywhere I cut, there was a core. I should probably read up on how to cut a mango because it was definitely weird and I barely got any mango out of it!

Also, I wonder what it would taste like with coconut milk just to keep the tropical flavors going on.. I'll have to get some of that, or even coconut water.

Another thing, A lot of people freeze their fruit to increase the thickness of their smoothie.. I just add ice cubes! I am not a yogurt fan, therefore I do not put yogurt in my smoothies.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Monday! I am off to work in a little while and will be going to the gym afterwards! :)

MOTIVATION MONDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment