Wednesday, March 28, 2012

April GOALS

Hey guys!
Last night I was sitting in bed reading my book and just had some ideas. I purchased an Erin Condren planner at the end of January, and I absolutely love it! I carry it in my purse with me everywhere and I write almost everything in it! So last night I whipped that baby out and starting jotting down things in the goals section for April!

If you have been following me, I have been on the struggle to a healthier lifestyle lately and a better looking me! I am in two weddings this year and am feeling a little self-concious about how I'm going to look in this dress! So I have created some goals for the month of April to help with this.

  • walk/jog/run every morning on my treadmill when I wake up.
  • Workout at the gym 6 times a week instead of the 4 I have been doing.
  • Eat more fruit to nourish my body.
  • Eat nothing but veggies for lunch for the whole month of April!
  • Layout at least once a week!
All of these are GOALS for me for the month of April! To you they may sound ridiculous, but for me, it's something that I want to do! I bought a treadmill about a year ago and have gotten on it maybe 25 times! I am going to try and use it more in the morning when I wake up. I have a gym membership but the gym is about 20 minutes away from my house and with gas being the way that it is, I can never get there unless I'm on my way home from work or something.. which is normally at night. It's better to exercise in the morning to get your metabolism going for the day, so with getting on the treadmill every morning I wake up, that will help my metabolism tremendously!

I have been working out at the gym only 4 times a week because I thought that would be enough. I was reading a blog post the other day on someone's blog and read that she worked out at least 6 times a week and was in great shape! So I am going to try to work out 6 times a week with my off day being on Sunday! Regardless of whether I get to the gym or not that day, I have weights at home and free workout videos on Comcast demand! :P

Fruit has so many great vitamins and things that your body needs to lead a healthy lifestyle! I love fruit, fruit is just expensive and it ruins much more quickly than I can eat it! I went to the store the other day and purchased some pears, a pineapple, some bananas, and some strawberries! I made myself a strawberry banana smoothie last night before heading out to the ball fields! No recipe, just threw some stuff together and it tasted great and fixed my hunger at the time!!! I'll do another post about that soon!

I often find myself grabbing junk food for lunch or eating too many chips with my sandwiches, so for the month of April I am challenging myself to eat nothing but vegetables for my lunches! I have had a little bit of a jump start on that today and had cabbage, green peas, and turnips for lunch today! It was delicious! Many of people don't get their correct amount of servings of vegetables in the day, so this will help me take in my daily vegetable needs!

Too many people take advantage of a tanning bed because it's quick and easy to jump into and get on with your day. I will admit, I have used a tanning bed many of times, but it's horrible for your skin! I know the sun in general can damage your skin, but tanning beds are 10x worse! anndddd who wants to pay 40 dollars a month to go to a tanning bed when you can tan for free in your back yard! So my challenge to getting a tan this month is to layout at least once a week! I  need to get a tan for this yellow bridesmaids dress I will be wearing in May!!! Thankfully I was blessed with my daddy's cajun/french skin and I tan easily! Thanks Dad!

What are your goals for the month of April? If you don't have any, set some and work your hardest at keeping up with them!

with all the love in the world,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment