Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beulah Land--Sweet Beulah Land

Yesterday [SATURDAY], I took a trip to my Great Grandmother's house in Moorehead, MS. I woke up early Saturday morning to make yummy lemon squares to bring along on the trip. Of course, you know we never miss a meal! Especially in the delta!

I met my grandparents, uncle, and cousin at the Cracker Barrel and we were on our way! It'd been a while since I had seen my uncle and cousin, Grace! I sure missed them; and the others that didn't attend the trip! We made silly pictures on the Nintendo DSI and ate peppermint sticks! We passed through Yazoo City and saw the damage that was still noticeable from the tornado that hit a year ago. It was a sad sight!

We finally turned onto Sheffield Dr./Rd. They put new rocks down since the last time I'd been. My uncle stated, "It's been years since I've driven down this road going 50mph." Picture my face in the back seat of the truck! Kinda scary!

There was Beulah's house that I sure miss! Inside were family, friends, good cooking, and beautiful antiques! Oh how I miss you, Beulah! (My great grandmother passed away towards the end of last year.) I had many memories as I spent the day going through some things and taking what I wanted. I miss her dearly, but I know that she is in a better place, up above!


   
My Cousin all dolled-up in Grandmother's jewelry and scarves!


Grace and I playing Beulah!
Grandmother's "goodies" Jewelry! 


 The last few years of her gracious little life she became to love Mardi Gras beads as her jewelry because it was something that she didn't have to fasten herself and could just slip over her head. I remember Mom gathered every color she could think of and bagged them up to give to sweet Beulah.
Aunt Libba, Aunt Sandy, Aunt Nelda, GIGI, and Kim.
These were all of the wonderful ladies that I spent the day with; minus Grace and I! We sure had a wonderful day!
We had a great lunch; although it wasn't Great Grandmother's cookin'.
The beautiful table with a lovely table cloth!
Grandmother's beautiful couch!
Saturday was very special to me. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to spend so many years with that beautiful lady! God sure blessed her with 99 years of life! Yes, I said 99! I hope that I will live that long and am as beautiful as she was! I enjoyed spending the day with some family and creating several more memories! I left with some jewelry of grandmother's and one of her sun hats to give to my mom!

I hope that you all had the chance to spend some years with your great grandparents! They are great!

Love,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment