Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bad SUNDAY accompanied by a wonderful MONDAY! Isn't that backwards?

Believe it or not, I had a horrible Sunday. I was completely exhausted from working almost 30 hours in 3 days and missed my Sunday morning worship. Monday came around and I was dreading that day for sure. When you think of Mondays, you think of this awful day that is so tiring and the start of such a long week ahead. Well, My Monday was anything but Normal. We all know what a normal Monday feels like. I had the GREATEST LUCK! I got to speech class this morning with my outline that was SUPPOSED to be on unlined paper.. well I explained that to my teacher and she took it with only taking 1 point off! Going onto my next class I knew I had homework due in my third class that I hadn't finished.

Walking to the back building at school I was nearly falling on the ground from the long walk and the extremely heavy book bag that was weighing my back down. I came to the door for my A & P II class and the door was shut and the light was off. You know when you've been walking outside or in a really bright place and then walk into a darker place, you can't really see well? Your eyes have to adjust to the new lighting. Well, so I thought my class was canceled. So, I walked to the classroom across the hall to ask the teacher if they knew where my teacher was because I hadn't gotten an email or anything informing me of my canceled class. He takes me across the hall and points at the tv that is clearly playing in my classroom. OH MY GOSH, was I embarrassed! After adjusting my eyes to the light, there I was totally embarrassed walking into yet another dark room with a video playing. I almost tripped over someone's book bag on the floor. Finally making it to my seat that was in the back of the room, I had made so much noise that the whole class had their eyes on ME!

Well, I knew I still had that homework to finish for my next (Marriage and Family) class. 30 minutes after I got into class the video was over and the teacher called roll and dismissed us! I was so excited! I had 45 minutes to sit in the hall and work on my homework for marriage and family. My phone was surprisingly ringing off the wall, but I knew I had to ignore it! I had work to do! I finished my work and moved onto class. After teaching the class about  SEXUAL BEHAVIOR AND SATISFACTION I was ready to go to work and then get home. Needless to say, I WAS STILL EXHAUSTED!

I went to work and finished 5 minutes early with my work. We, of course, had thunderstorms coming soon. I thought that I could make it to the clothing store to grab a few things I had been looking at and jumping back in the car before the rain hit! Well, with my luck as soon as I got into the store it started pouring! I didn't have the time to wait around on the rain to stop because I had signed up to take my Monday night class test at 7:45pm. I ran to the car, with heels on. On my way to the car you know I probably hit every water puddle there was in the parking lot. My feet were soaked by the time I got to the car, but that was the least of my worries. I finally got home and cooked dinner. I wanted to try something new. By the way I absolutely love to cook! So for dinner I made a new Chicken Ranch Pasta with garlic bread. It turned out pretty good, but as I was cooking I was dreading class that I had to be at in an hour for a hands on test with the dummy.

I hate those dummies at school that I have to perform first aid actions on! Well, I was just hoping and wishing that class was canceled because of the weather. Around 7:00pm I was checking my email before I got in the car to head to class. In the email I had one from my first aid teacher. What do ya know?! Class was canceled! WAAAHHHOOOO!

Beginning my day with a horrible mind, it ended up being one of the luckiest days I've had in a while. I needed that Monday. 

So, ending this blog post with a wonderful clip from a song!
"You know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move. You're faith is all it takes and you can walk on the water, too." -Britt Nicole

Thank you, Lord.

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment