Saturday, June 9, 2012

A trip to the country!

Oh how I love the country! I always dream of being a Ree Drummond one day! I would love to live on a Ranch with horses and cows and chickens and billy goats, and don't forget: AN EXTRA LARGE GARDEN! There is nothing better than fresh vegetables/fruits from your very own garden!

Thursday I was off work and Aidan wanted to make a trip out to my brother's new place. They have just moved onto 115 acres of land and it is beautiful out there! There is a pond and boats! So about an hour after we arrived Lane and Aidan took the small john boat out and I took the canoe! Our intentions were to catch some fish, but.. I lost 2 fish because of my extra old, girly, piece of mess fishing pole... and Lane missed one! Aidan did catch a bass, but he was too small to keep!
Do you like my pink pole?
While we were on the pond, Lane spotted this huge nest looking thing! Inside of it was a large egg! We don't really know what kind of egg this was, but all we could think was maybe a goose egg?
Do you see the egg in the center?
I had been hearing about this extra sweet billy goat Lane got and named Chesters. I finally got to meet him and fell in love. I remember as a kid going to the "blueberry farm" and picking blueberries.. and then at the end we would always walk over to the fence and see the goats. These goats were not very friendly and I remember being quite scared to stick my hand in the fence to feed or pet them! Chesters completely changed my mind about how I felt about goats! He also has another goat named Billy, but he is very skiddish.
Look at sweet Chesters!!! Sorry about my finger! ha
For lunch we went out to this little hole in the wall place on the Canton Square. I absolutely love the Canton square! My grandpa lives and works right up the road from it and it is always full of events and all things fun! Have you ever heard of the Canton Flea Market? It is just fabulous! I have only been once, but boy we spent the day there and I loved it! Today they are having a BBQ Cookoff thing.. maybe a competition and my brother is there now.. in the rain and all! haha! On Thursday he took us to this place called Hammontree's and it was delish. He raved about the burger, so that's what I got. He claimed they made homemade buns that were to die for which made the whole burger 10x better, but apparently they were out of homemade buns that day. Kind of a disappointment, but it was still very good! When I saw the plate come out with homemade fries, it completely reeled me in! My mom always made hand-cut homemade fries for my brother and I growing up and they tasted just like hers! LOVEEE!
outside of the restaurant, on the square
The cute rinky-dink sign!
This is what happens when I ask Lane to smile! Pretty scary, huh?
Lane had been complaining all afternoon about how long it was taking the chickens to lay an egg. I read up about it online and it said that their eggs are produced all according to the amount of sunlight they get a day. Anyone want to give a little more advice so that I can help him? Later on that night he sent me this picture!
Lane and his first chicken egg! He was proud!

I failed to take pictures of the food, the chickens, or the small fish that Aidan caught. I have got to get better at this picture taking!!!! I need a nice camera! Anyone want to contribute? haha! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! I will be sitting around watching food network channel until I have to go to work at 4! It is raining here in the Sip!

xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment